So happy that it´s suppose to be a bit warmer again tomorrow as I´ll be heading of with 25 kids for a weekend on an island in the Swedish archipelago. It´s my son´s classmates and 9 parents and we are going to celebrate the 4 years they have had together before moving on to the next grade. So rise and shine tomorrow for an early start to what I love the most, sea air and views. Happy weekend everyone!
Sorry for the long pause but what has happened here in Stockholm and what has been happening all around the world has made everything else seem non important. I´m not very good at dealing with all the hatred and violence that keeps many of us on our toes so having and continuing with since before scheduled plans is not as clear as one would have hoped. But like a friend of mine so wisely said today – there is no way of constantly protecting yourself and since life is so fragile and precious – we should without doubt still make the most out of it. With that in mind I´ll try to put all of the anxiety aside and enjoy what is coming. For those of you who read the monthly list for March you know my husband had planned a surprise trip for me and tomorrow it´s happening. I wasn´t suppose to know the destination but in a brief moment he accidentally talked about Paris and then I knew. Paris really has a special place in my heart since I lived there for a year and I´ll do my very best to make the next date as special as ever xx
Will not bring my computer so please feel free to join on Instagram instead.
Pic via This Is Glamorous with thanks.
Sunday morning inspiration by Our Food Stories.
How lovely was this weekend?! I love love love Fall weekend like these and will bring every single minute with me starting another busy week. Have a good one everybody!
All pics by Iphone-me.
I would love to hear you share your weekend plans and ideas! Some inspiration for all of us. Please don´t be shy, sometimes there are not many comments here but I can see for a fact that there are many of you stopping by and it would really be great to hear from you. So please share! Don´t have to answer all of it if you don´t want to, here is just some ideas to get you going.
- Weekend thoughts, what are you looking forward to doing the most? Could be more than one thing..
- What music will you listen to?
- What film/series and/or book might you watch and read?
- What food will you eat/cook?
- What event should we not miss?
- Tonight just staying home with the kids watching a movie like most Fridays and I love it. Tomorrow, football game as every weekend with our son, ride our bikes for a big tour our daughter has planned all week since she just learned how do ride her bike after years of refusing to try. We have been on a lot of bike tours this passed week…Unpacking and putting together new furniture for our kid´s rooms. They are getting older and their rooms look as if they where as they would say ”babies”. Sunday dinner at my parents house after the movies.
- I will listen to whatever you are telling me to! Need new inspiration. I´m always (!) listening to music and am in desperate need of refueling with new stuff.
- We are actually having trouble finding new series and films at the moment as we have gone through it all it seems. We are serie junkies I have to say. Started watching Easy on Netflix the other day so my guess is that we will have reached the end of that by Sunday evening…
- Really want to try that good ravioli….
- There won´t be any big events for me this weekend but would love to hear what I´m missing!
Some Instagram postcards from Nice where we just spent a long weekend to celebrate my father´s 70th birthday. True luxury getting to do this and to make summer feel longer. Now back to work!
All pics from my Instagram
Once again food heaven by Local Milk. Perfect weekend morning inspiration.
Full recipe here.
Last hours of work and then of to the summer house to celebrate Midsummer with the family, can´t wait! We have been talking about what two eat for two weeks now and will make all the traditionals plus all the games and other crazy stuff us Swedes are doing on this specific holiday. Here are some of my Midsummer plans:
Lots of good food and a table and setting filled with fresh summer flowers…
Picking flowers and making wreaths for everyone…
Making a strawberry cake that this year will be extra interesting as the kids are picking the filling….
Going almost all in with the romantic theme but am hopefully still safe with black base wearing this…
Sleeping in the best smelling and crispy sheets when the light fills the sky almost all night long. And there is no one who can make a bed look more welcoming than my Mum.
Swimming in the sea as much as possible after a warming sauna.
Happy Midsummer everybody!
Pics: 1-2 via Kinfolk with thanks. 3. By Babes in Boyland with thanks. 4. Via Honestly Yum with thanks. 5. Dress from Zara. 6. Styling and pic by Daniella Witte with thanks. 7. By Donal Shehan with thanks.